Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Great Rug Debate

Our living room has been slowly morphing into the dream living room that I see in my head. It's been a process more than an overhaul, but I think I've benefited from the time. A fuchsia, Moroccan leather pouf seemed absolutely necessary for about a week. But now I'm grateful that I had to mull it over for a few months.

My most recent design mulling has been over a rug for the living room. The fella and I live in a rental apartment, which already (unfortunately) has industrial, beige wall-to-wall carpet. The living room is quite spacious and we use half of it as our dining room. My plan is to get a patterned 5x8 rug to use in the "living" portion of the room to break the room up a bit. And to hide some of the wall-to-wall.

The two contenders, in no particular order are:

The Stacked Stripe Rug from Williams-Sonoma Home


And the Nautical Stripe Rug, also from Williams-Sonoma Home


They're both currently on sale. They would each lend the clean, preppy lines that I'm looking for to the room. I'm genuinely torn. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Lime Street Home. You're swell!