Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Stodgy

As I often do in times of stress, I find myself turning to life's stodgier comforts. I've been toting a collection of P.G. Wodehouse novels everywhere I go and reading a biography of the man himself before bed.



A darling student of mine just stopped by and gave me a tin of biscuits from Harrods (she studied in London over the summer) and I'm over the moon. All I want is a nice cup of tea, a biscuit and my book. And quiet. Oh please let me get some quiet time soon!

The wedding is closing in. There's really only a month left. It feels like every moment of our time between now and then is booked up. We're meeting with the planner at the restaurant tonight and the officiant tomorrow. My final dress fitting is on Saturday. My Mom is coming up for the weekend to help with some last minute details. Maybe I can have tea with her...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Lime Street Home. You're swell!