Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Socks for Julian

What's this peculiar looking thing? Why it's only the cutest little baby sock in the world for my friend's new baby, Julian!


Ok, it's probably not the cutest baby sock in the world, but it's the first one I've ever attempted & I'm feeling proud. I'm using the Striped Socks pattern from Debbie Bliss' Cashmerino 2 book, with a few modifications. It knits up super fast on two needles. I knit this up over the course of two hours last night. (Full Disclosure: I knit really slowly and I was watching Lost. I'm sure the pattern actually knits up much more quickly.)

You just sew up the back of the piece to make it sock shaped. Plus, it doesn't have a ton of ends to weave in because you carry the alternating yarn colors up the side. So far, I'm a big fan of two needle baby socks. I'm actually mentally designing a pair right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Lime Street Home. You're swell!