Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Crumble

Tonight I'm going to whip up a double batch of Martha Stewart's Crumb Topping to keep in my freezer. I did this last winter and whenever we had last minute guests (or wanted a cozy dessert) I just had to reach into the freezer and sprinkle a portion of the crumble over my fruit of choice and bake. Easy peasy.

*Image from The Kitchn

My favorite fruit-bake combo is granny smith apples and blackberries, but the classic apples tossed with cinnamon and sugar is pretty hard to beat. For guests, I posh the whole thing up by using cute individual ramekins. For just BB and myself, I tend to pack the topping directly onto halved, cored apples.

The Kitchn over at Apartment Therapy has two more Crumble Topping recipes that you can use in exactly the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Lime Street Home. You're swell!