Thursday, October 29, 2009

More Red Kuri

Our festival of Red Kuri squash rolls on. We made a modified version of Ina Garten's Butternut Squash Risotto, subbing in Red Kuri and eliminating the pancetta.


We served it with a spinach, beet and goat cheese salad and it was tremendous. I don't cook with saffron very often and tend to forget what a lovely flavor it imparts.

In other news, I'm bizarrely and prematurely in the holiday spirit and finally purchased Alicia Paulson's Felt Ornament Patterns so that I can get started on my Christmas gifts.

I've admired them since last year, so the purchase was long overdue. The cocoa ornament is my favorite:


So cozy! Which should be no surprise, considering the source!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Lime Street Home. You're swell!