Friday, January 8, 2010

Hand Painted Screen

So what's this pretty thing?


Why just the screen that I made last night using drawing fluid and screen filler, thanks!

I had so much fun doing it. And even though I botched up initially and painted on the wrong side (against a piece of paper no less), it still turned out just fine. It really is like magic.


It had to dry overnight, so I couldn't print with it right away. But I'm going to tonight on a lovely lightweight linen. I'm thinking in pink for more baby gifts. But I think it would also look cool in something neutral like white or navy on linen, for a throw pillow or bag. I'll let you know how printing with a hand painted screen compares to printing with a stencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Lime Street Home. You're swell!