Thursday, January 7, 2010

Meditative

At work today, one of my co-workers had a showing of his graduate film project. And it was such a thoughtful, well written, meditation on style and life that as soon as it ended, I wanted to tell my writing/life mentor, Betsy, about it. The difficulty is that Betsy passed away about three years ago. And, in addition to the much larger fact that the world is really lacking without Betsy in it, I think it's a shame that she didn't get to meet my co-worker. Because they would have gotten along like matches and tinder. I think that she would have seen the writer in him and nurtured it, like she did with me.

Not to be too meditative, but I can't help thinking about all of the people in the world who I would get on with well and will never meet. Which makes me especially grateful for the ones that I did meet. Like Betsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Lime Street Home. You're swell!