Monday, January 4, 2010

Tilting at Winmill

There's a general lack of fabric stores in Boston and I just can't figure out why. We have a host of colleges with fashion or costume design courses. We seem to have the same percentage of crafters as any metropolitan area. But, so far as I can tell, we only have one T-accessible fabric store in Boston, Winmill Fabrics. It's an old school fabric shop in Chinatown, where you can buy the basics. I spent my lunch hour there picking up some cotton and linen for screen sprinting and playing with their awesome fat cat. I wish they had a website that I could direct you towards, but it's not that type of place. If you get a chance, swing by. I'd like them to stick around. They're at 111 Chauncy St.

Be warned, though, you're not going to find any Heather Ross or Kokka or Amy Butler. Oh, speaking of Heather Ross... They're using her mermaid design on a surfboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Lime Street Home. You're swell!