Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bitten

It's official. I love Mark Bittman.


In truth, I've enjoyed Mr. Bittman's writing for years now. But it wasn't until I started watching "Spain: On the Road Again" at the gym (That's right. I watch cooking shows while I work out. What of it?) that I really began to appreciate the, for lack of a better word, character of Mark Bittman. And I find now that when I read one his books or articles I appreciate his "voice" as much as the information conveyed, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Looking back, I wonder why this wasn't always the case. It sounds silly, but I think it might be because his column is called "The Minimalist" and I used to associate minimalism with austerity. I dismissed any humor or warmth in the column as an incorrect perception on my part.

My apologies, Mr. Bittman, for thinking that you were typing away in a sterile, ivory tower. Your books are great, your blog is great and you've got a hell of a singing voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Lime Street Home. You're swell!