Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Honeymoon Wear

Now that the wedding is so close, I find myself daydreaming about our honeymoon. And I'm realizing that I'd like to pick up a few pieces to pack that are a bit more fashionable than I usually wear. I'm going through a sloppy, summer dressing phase and need to snap out of it.

I saw some looks that I like over at J. Crew, but am not so sure that I can pull them off. For example:



Awfully cute. But I'm a short girl of average weight and not particularly gamine. I don't know if I just need to step out of my comfort zone on this one or if I'm merely being realistic about what looks good on my body type. And what sort of shoes would you wear with something like this? Could you pair a cardigan with it?

I also really like this look:



A casual skirt that I could wear with different tees and sweaters. Something a bit different from the usual jeans (so American, I know). But whenever I try to look frumpy-on-purpose, I tend to wind up just looking frumpy.

I really need help! Please advise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Lime Street Home. You're swell!