Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Verdict

The carrot soup? Divine as anticipated. I have yet to encounter a Heidi Swanson recipe that isn't reliable great. My personal favorite from Ms. Swanson is her Salt-Kissed Buttermilk Cake.


*photo by Heidi Swanson

The best part about the soup, though, was the process of making it. Rather than slapping it together so that I could hit the gym, catch up on work, take care of wedding business, etc, I gave myself the luxury of time. I put on some music, set up my mise en place (which in my tiny kitchen is really necessary) and just enjoyed.

By the time BB got home, my shoulders had relaxed down to where they're supposed to be and we had a lovely meal.

Then we ran to the gym, caught up on work, did wedding stuff, etc, etc...

Oh, and our first wedding response arrived! And it wasn't from my Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on Lime Street Home. You're swell!